As an ISO 9001 certified measuring laboratory, we are processing various measuring and calibration tasks. Among the controlling of running production processes, we are also providing the following services:
- calibration of testing equipment for the measurement types length, force/ weight and torque
- commissioned measuring (initial and serial measuring)
- training in quality control and production measurement technology
- counseling and procurement of measuring and calibration equipment
Due to an ever increasing demand for quality in nearly every aspect of production, precise and reliable testing and controlling equipment is a key for success. Since the equipment and the tools for quality control can be very costly, especially for medium sized companies, a lot of manufacturers trust in external expertise. PENTACON owns a well equipped measuring and calibration laboratory and services a large number of mid-sized but also larger companies.
DAkkS accredited calibration laboratory
Since 2006, PENTACON holds an accreditation of the Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkkS) and therefore guarantees highest testing reliability. We are accredited for gauge blocks and calibrate with a measurement uncertainty of 0.09 µm (90 nanometers). Furthermore, we calibrate measuring equipment on the dimensions length, force/ weight and torque.
To assure a maximum of calibration security, we offer test equipment monitoring via state-of-the-art software solutions. PENTACON uses QM-Soft, which features data exchange via Internet. That way, our customers may check the status of their testing equipment and start early re-calibration.
This is supported by a nation-wide pick-up and return service provided by our parcel distributor GLS.
In our air-conditioned laboratory, we conduct geometrical measurings according to customer demands. Our staff has a long-standing and extensive experience with various measurement technologies and is trained on a regular base.
Our range of services includes:
- contract measuring
- initial sampling according to VDA or AIAG standards
- digitalization of surfaces
- target-actual comparison towards CAD files
- repeatability and precision tests
In our state-of-art measuring laboratory we use various measurement technologies. Depending on the dimension to be tested, we have several machines and equipment at our disposal.
- 1D (horizontal and vertical length measuring systems)
- 2D (profile projector, contour measuring machine, concentricity tester)
- 3D (coordinate measuring machine, 3D scanner)
COMET L3D scanner
With the COMET L3D 3D-scanner of the ZEISS Optotechnik GmbH, we are offering a low-cost and fast way to capture parts three-dimensionally and conduct a cross check against CAD data. Using a camera/ projector unit and a rotating plate, the part is processed and calculated into a grid model. Depending on the required measurement accuracy and complexity the capturing may vary but still the overall measuring is faster than ordinary measurement methods.
Aside from contract measuring or the counseling on measurement equipment, we are offering various in-house quality trainings on matters of equipment, testing concepts and production measurement technology. We attach great importance to modern and effective measuring strategies considering efficient testing equipment. Only this way a significant quality enhancement will be achieved.
We are offering the following services:
Production measurement technology
- technical basics, standards
- basic concepts of measuring and test criteria
- requirements, usage and selection of testing equipment
- test planning
- metrological verification of measuring systems
- test equipment management and calibration
Measurement data acquisition and control
- fundamentals and characteristic values of measurement data acquisition
- statistical process control
Measuring- and testing equipment
We are offering a complete service for the whole range of your measuring equipment: starting with counseling, their acquisition up to the calibration and control. With years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of available ranges of products we are a competent advisor for low-cost, efficient and high quality testing materials.